Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dedication time

I'm not sure how to do this, but felt the need to. The main reason for me to start a food blog, separating it from the politically strident yet liberal views expressed in my regular blog, was because I was inspired by someone else's food blog (since there are so many now, maybe a food blog ought to be called a flog or something like that). And I must say that after reading it and going through all the places she'd been to in New York (yes, it's a she from NY) and everything she'd eaten (I was initially more interested in the food so I could try to make it at home), I just knew that I had to start a separate blog for my gastronomical entries. How I arrived at the name is a different story for a different time.

My blog was inspired by a blog titled Mona's Apple, which is by far the best food blog I've come across. And although it's all about places in New York City and about cuisines for which I rarely get ingredients here in Bangalore, it's great, and it's what inspired me. Mona, thank you so much, and keep visiting new places.

P.S: Mona, I envy you for being spoilt for choice with all the eat outs and cuisines available in New York :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

karthik, i'm so honored! thanks for the shout-out. and i love the flog idea. maybe we can start using that as lingo and it'll be picked up by the mainstream. happy eating and i'll be sure to check in from time to time to see how it's going. all the best, -m

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William (personal changes done by me as per need) at 2600 Degrees