Thursday, September 24, 2009

BM Review: Southin

This past week I had visited a restaurant called Southin, claiming to serve Chettinad cuisine. The full review can be read here. I wasn't able to click any snaps with my phone, so the ones from the PDF will have to suffice.


Chilly Prawns


Kottu Paratha


Mutton Chukka


Vellore Chicken

Food: OK - some good, some tasted good but lacked authenticity, some average.
$$$: Cheap - seven of us ate, and bill came up to a little over 1800.
Service: Usual - place order, they'll get it.
Verdict: Can visit if you want Chettinad food, but otherwise, there are other options available.

Southin, #56, 1st A Main Road, 7th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore. Phone: 40927887, 40927897

2 comments:

Suhas said...

Hmm...sad to know they tilt towards the mainstream instead of focusing wholly on Chettinad food. Have you tried the food at Annachi before?

Karthik Shetty said...

I have tried Annachi before, and to be very honest, although they have several authentic dishes there, I didn't like the food. I later found out I wasn't alone in this regard. Maybe it's a personal thing, no idea. As far as the 'tilting towards mainstream' funda goes, that's the case in almost all restaurants...it's playing safe. There are very few places that stick to their guns and say "this is our cuisine, you're welcome to try it, but we're not changing it." Kanua on Sarjapur road is one such place that comes to mind immediately.

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William (personal changes done by me as per need) at 2600 Degrees