Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's day: Sandwiches

"Finish the cheese that's in the fridge", that was mom's 'warning' before she left in the morning. I had a photography workshop to attends, so on my way back, I stopped at Spar Hypermarket and bought some minced chicken and some bacon, a couple of loaves of bread, and made use of the tomatoes and peppers that were there at home to make some sandwiches for dinner, into which I was going to toss in the cheese.

The ingredients

And so the better part of the evening/night was spent in the kitchen, with a few moments sneaking out to check if Chelsea would miraculously lose or draw their game against Wigan Athletic to allow my team Manchester united to win the title, and sneak a few moments out to watch a woeful Indian cricket team capitulate under their own cocoon of bullshit in the T20 World Cup.

No snaps of the chicken or the bacon being cooked because...I have a brand new lens, a Nikon 50mm F1.8 (with which I've taken these pictures as well), so there was no question of getting it close to the flame or oil or grime etc. The end result, nonetheless, was great, although the snap here is of the sandwich before it was toasted/grilled. Suffice to say, it was superb.

The mother's day sandwich

PS: Reviews aren't appearing on the blog because of a few things happening at the BM office that are being sorted out. Hopefully, things'll be back on track from this Friday onwards.

No comments:

 

Minibox 3 Column Blogger Template by James William (personal changes done by me as per need) at 2600 Degrees